You can separate your finger input from your Pencil’s input if you’re using an iPad Pro. To do so, tap the Settings gear on the status bar and find the Stylus tab. The Apple Pencil listing will automatically appear if your Apple Pencil is paired to your iPad.
Find the section called “Finger Action” and choose which action you would like for your finger.
- Do Nothing (great for extra-robust palm rejection)
- Use Active Tool (no difference between your pencil and your finger)
- Pan Canvas (makes for easier canvas navigation, especially when you’ve got your Pencil in hand)
- Nudge (quick and easy line manipulation tied to your finger)
- Selection (a nice shortcut if you don’t like switching tools)
- Configured Tool (sets your finger to draw with whatever is in the eighth slot on your tool wheel/toolbar)